Monday, August 22, 2016

Inspiration for $1


I stopped at a small estate sale recently near the tail end of shopping hours.  I wandered around what seemed to be a well-picked-over collection of items and was planning to go home empty-handed. In the last room that I perused in the basement, I found a couple large plastic bins that held a variety of unfinished projects.   I think I could fill more than a couple bins with my unfinished projects now--maybe they'll still be around for my estate sale in 60 years?  There were needlepoint pieces both on and off frames, crochet patterns, yarn and knitting needles, quilt batting, and several fabric scraps. The bins were priced at any project for $1.  That is definitely in my price range.  The fabric patterns and colors look older, but there are definitely some reproduction prints.  There were no large scraps left, but there were several different swatches and I appreciated the vintage feel.  Someone may have made a grandmother's flower garden pattern as there are hexagons cut out of most of the swatches.  What shall I do with the remaining pieces?  Maybe something that I can put together with one of my vintage sewing machines?  I'll likely spend a few hours figuring out the 'perfect' project.  For $1 I'll plan twenty different projects before I sit down to complete one. 

6 in. square

6 in. square

6 in. square

6 in. square









Solid green



Solid blue





This is the largest swatch

No comments:

Post a Comment