Friday, April 14, 2017

Blue Shirt Refashion

This was a quick, no machine needed, shirt refashion. I was drawn to the lightweight fabric in this shirt and the statement zipper on the back. The shirt was originally a large and it felt very roomy when I first tried it on. There was too much fabric under the arms and the neckline was a bit low.
Front view

Great zipper

Fabric pooling in lower back
Instead of taking in the sides and arms, I tried pulling the shirt forwards a bit at the shoulders. This brought the neckline down inappropriately low, but it did fix the fabric pooling in back and it took out some of the extra fabric under the arms. I pinned the new neckline into a v-neck.
New neckline
By hand, I tacked the new neckline in and then folded the extra loop back on itself. That created a bit of a gathered look across the chest. I hand stitched the loop flat at the bottom of the neckline and then the shirt was complete.
I think I like the v-neck better on this one
Here are a few pics of how the finished shirt looks.
Neckline not as low
Less bunching in the back

Side view

1 comment: