Sunday, December 16, 2018

Holiday Banner

This banner came together when I found myself looking for new holiday decorations that I didn't have to purchase. My fabric stash and overflowing fabric scrap bag provided everything I needed for the project.
Flags are a relatively neutral and will work for most holidays
The white and green polka-dot fabric was left over from the lime-teal quilt I finished this summer. Some of the letters were already made, and others were pieced from batting and fabrics in the scrap bag. The hem tape used for the ribbon has been in the drawer for years.
Hem tape holds all of the flags together
The flags are evenly spaced and attached to the hem tape,  but the letters for Merry Christmas are not permanently affixed. I wanted this banner to be adaptable for other holidays, so the letters are pinned from the backside of the flags. There are also extra flags so that letters and images could be swapped out over the course of a year.
Adding letters and hem tape
This project only took a couple of hours to complete and T helped me hang it from the picture rail in my sewing room.


Above the window

Above the built-in

No comments:

Post a Comment