Thursday, December 27, 2018

Lark Tees

Picture taken Christmas day
This shirt is based on the Lark Tee by Grainline Studio. I made a short-sleeve version of the shirt this summer using the original Lark Tee pattern to which I had added 2" inches to the length of the torso. I really liked how the scoop neck fit and how well the neckline finished. I was hoping to use this pattern as a TNT for t-shirts, but there were still some things that needed to be tweaked.
Early version of Lark Tee, scoop neckline looks good

I"m not a fan of the drag lines under arm and at side of bust
My second version was long-sleeved and I added 2 inches to the length of the sleeves as well. I don't have a picture, but while I was pleased with the sleeve length the the fit of the armscye and shoulders was still not ideal. I was still looking for a way to tackle the narrow shoulders and tight fit around the arms. When I visited my friend Megan in Iowa City in December she graciously made me a bodice sloper and I used that to modify my Lark Tee pattern. I made a small change to the slant of the shoulder seam and a significant adjustment to the armscye.
My most recently completed Lark Tee was finished two days before Christmas. The fabric came from Joann's and I had to get creative with how I cut the long sleeves as I didn't have enough to cut them in one piece.
Not tight under arms
View from back
Brooch stretches neckline a bit, but it will bounce back
I'm pretty happy with how the shirt fits now. I hope to get a few more versions made up in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment