Monday, June 10, 2019

Herringbone Knit Shirt, B6100


The fabric was bought on a recent trip to Joann. It's a black and purple herringbone knit, 60% polyester, 36% Lurex, 4% Spandex. There it a bit of sparkle to it when viewed from certain angles.

For view C with short sleeves, I cut a size 16. It took a while as the fabric was a bit clingy and didn't like to lay flat. Actually sewing the shirt together progress rather quickly. I used my Bernina 1230 and the walking foot for the whole project starting with the side darts on this shirt.
Putting in the dart
Next came the shoulder and side seams and then the sleeves were set in.The hem and the sleeves were just turned under about half an inch and finished with two rows of stitches. There is one button on this shirt at the back of the neck. The button I used came from Mom's collection and closes with a thread loop. I had to watch a quick reminder video on YouTube about how to make a thread loop, and I'm happy with how it turned out.
Finished keyhole topped with button and thread loop
Again, pictures in my office at work.
Next time, set the camera up higher
Back view
Side view
Only one accessory, a necklace




No comments:

Post a Comment