Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Burda Style 6460 Blouse with Bow


Fabric is Liberty of London that I picked up at an estate sale in Kenilworth last summer. It is a cotton/wool blend 82%/18% and is hand wash only. The tag said there was 2 2/3 yd, but it was only 36" wide and there was no way to get sleeves cut. I ended up making a sleeveless version.
I cut a size 18 and graded out to 20 at the hips. Two inches were added to the length Next time, I could take some in through the lower back. The pattern is Burda Style 54600 view A and I think I picked it up at Joann Fabrics.

Buttons are a perfect color match
The buttons are from an antique store located in southern Illinois. I picked them up on the way to sewing machine repair camp in Missouri last summer.
There are no construction photos of this shirt, but I do remember having fun putting this shirt together and I don't remember any problems.

Added sweater with sleeves for work
I got to wear the shirt to work once before social distancing started and now it has been hanging in my closet for over a month. These pictures were taken after a couple cloudy and rainy days. It was wonderful to see the sun, but I found myself squinting in the brightness.
Enjoying the sun
I think I'd lengthen the tie a few inches next time
Added length means I will usually wear the shirt untucked
Had to practice tying a good bow
 

I have always enjoyed a paisley pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment