Saturday, May 23, 2020

Striped Shirt

Smiling in the rain
 I made this shirt because I had a pattern and I had the fabric. I was trying out the pattern and the fabric wasn't something I would have chosen on my own, but it was in the stash. The bold colored stripes wouldn't have been my first pick and it's terry cloth so it reminded me of a towel.
There are no construction pics of this shirt and I didn't even take notes on what shirt pattern I was trying out. Geez, that was not well planned. Seams were done on the serger and the hem and sleeve hems were done with a zig-zag stitch on the Bernina 1120. I am pleased with how the neckband finished.
Neckband stripes are centered
Stripes matching on the side seam and rain on my arm
While sewing this project I kept thinking this would just be a putter around in the yard shirt, but the more times I wear it the more I like it. It already has a few snags in the fabric that I can't fix so it will never be a shirt that I wear to work, but it did get to go to the grocery store in the rain today. I was on my way home from the store when I realized I hadn't taken pics of this shirt because I didn't like it at the start. It was raining, but I pulled the car over near an empty school playground and propped the camera up in a garage window to take some shots with the timer. 
Turns out I'm wearing a pair of Lander Pants
Pants are too long for these boots so they got rolled up
Very comfy and will get worn often


No comments:

Post a Comment