Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Burgundy Corduroy Skirt

 This skirt was designed using the skirt block I made in Brooks Ann Camper's Skirt Skills class. Before starting her Smarty Pants, Brooks Ann suggested that students go back to their skirt blocks to check fit. Since we would be using the skirt block in the pants drafting class, it was a good time to make any changes that were needed. I made the same skirt design I had made a few week earlier including pockets and a side zipper. The fabric was a remnant from Pam's mom and there was just enough to make this skirt. 

Starting layout for skirt

Thread marking the hem line

Pocket is pieced due to fabric shortage

Construction went fairly quickly on my Bernina 1230. I had matching thread for the top-stitching. It was already too late in the season to wear a skirt outside without tights, but it layered well and I wore it work. Classes were already being conducted remotely by then and I had some free time between sessions to get a few pics.

Looking great for Zoom day of class


Hmmm, a bit wrinkly after a day of work

Definitely a visible zipper

Sitting in comfort

Blind hem and skirt innards



No comments:

Post a Comment