Monday, March 22, 2021

Cielo Top

 I bought the Cielo Top and Dress pattern from Sew on Central this summer. I decided to try the top version first and used some fabric that came from Pam's mom. It's a lightweight cotton and I was worried it might be see-through, but that turned out to be an unnecessary worry.

The shirt was relatively quick to trace, cut out, and sew up. I used a size 14 and added 1 3/4" to the length. This is view A with cuffed short sleeves.

These finished pics were taken the week before school started this year in August. We had a week of meetings and time to set up our classrooms. We did start the year in-person with the 6 foot social distancing and mask wearing guidelines in place. I was the only person in my classroom for this week though so I am not wearing a mask in the pics. 

Shirt was nice and cool in the summer heat


Neckline finished with bias binding

Clearly, I was in a bit of a rush with the pics. There are no side or back shots and the last one is taken from the car when I was leaving to head home. 


Since finishing the shirt in the summer, I used some of the leftovers to make a matching mask and will be ready to wear it for work when the weather warms up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment