Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Marlene's Quilt

My sister made this top a couple years ago, but she moved into a new house this year and was hoping to get it finished and hanging up on the wall.  She does not have time to quilt anything right now, so I offered to take on that project. Now that it's finished, I went back to see what pictures I could find to document the process and wouldn't you know it, I didn't take any 'before' pics. Oops. This is the earliest one I could find.  Clearly, I had already been working on it for awhile and 3 edges are quilted.
Originally, I had it on a floor frame but I quickly changed to my smaller Q-Snap frame
Closeup of a block before quilting
Slow going when you have a frame and Stewie on your lap
Other nights were more productive 
Quilting is finished
At this point, I handed off the quilt to mom who put on the binding and added a hanging sleeve on the back.
Beautiful
Dark binding was a good choice
Mom will deliver the quilt to my sister over Thanksgiving.  I hope she loves having it on her wall.


2 comments:

  1. Very nice, Courtney. Where will Marlene hang it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it is now hanging in her living room.

      Delete