Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Linden Sweatshirt #2, Grainline Studio

Planking in the sun
Today was the first day of eLearning with the students. I started my day early, as usual, and was showered and dressed a half hour before my assignments posted online. I didn't know how busy I would be answering student emails throughout the 9-2 session, so I set up my sewing machine to have something to work on in my down time.
Sewing machine, quilt, computer, tea
During one of my breaks, I went for a walk at the forest preserve and took a few pics of my recent me-made. I finished this shirt last weekend with fabric from mom's stash. It was my second time using the Linden Sweatshirt pattern from Grainline Studio and I don't know how much fabric I started with, but there were only a few scraps when I finished cutting. For this version, I lengthened the torso 2" and the sleeves 1". Both the sleeve and hem bands were narrower than my first version as well. I think maybe I take out 1" from the torso next time, but I'm happy with the new sleeve length.  

Matching necklace
As we are still practicing social distancing, all pics were taken with the timer. The phone got propped up on a variety of logs, stumps, and branches. Sometimes the shadows hide the features of the shirt, but it was worth it to be bathed in sunshine.

Nickband could have been a bit longer
 


Sleeve length is perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment