Monday, March 23, 2020

Pastel Log Cabin Quilt


Here is the first finished project of spring break. I had pieced this awhile ago and the top went together pretty quickly. These are the largest size pieces I have used in awhile. Most of the fabrics are from a jelly roll that I had used earlier and it was finished up with this quilt. There wasn't enough to finished all of the blocks though, so I had to put pieces from a few other projects.

Trying out different block layouts, this one looks the best
Basted and ready for quilting
The diagonal quilting was done with my Bernina 830 on the dining room table. The hearts at the center of the log cabin blocks were hand quilted. I used the same template I used on another recent quilt.
Quilting started on the left side
The binding was a gray I bought to finish another quilt.

Hearts at the center of each block
Flannel backing
Diagonal lines for quilting
The finished quilt size is about 41" x 55.5" Currently, it does not have a sleeve on the back for hanging. It may end up being a crib or baby quilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment