Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Linden Sweatshirt, Grainline Studio



The pattern came from Sew On Central. It's the Linden Sweatshirt from Grainline Studio. I had seen many variations of this shirt on various blogs and Instagram and it was one that I wanted to try. In exchange for servicing a machine, the owner gifted me two patterns of my choosing and this was the first one I tried. The fabric is from Craigslist and is some sort of knit. It has narrow silver/gray and black stripes that appear shiny from a distance. It was easy to cut out and drapes well. This turned out to be a very wearable muslin.
I traced a size 10 for the sleeves and the top portions of the back and front. The hips are graded out to a size 14. Most of the seams are done with the serger, but my Bernina 1120 did the top-stitching and the hemming. I used a jersey needle for this project.
The weather on the day I finished this project was not favorable, so I was stuck inside taking pictures and the lighting was doing me no favors. These are all timer shots and well, we'll take what we can get. Next time I wear the shirt, I'll have to take better pictures.
Overhead lighting gives lots of shadows
Some fabric pooling above my rear
Sleeves lengthened a bit next time




No comments:

Post a Comment