Sunday, April 19, 2020

Another Bird Shirt and Pants


This fabric for the cami was left over from a shirt I made years ago. That one frayed so much that it ended up in the donation bin. This time, I have a getter understanding of how to finish seams and hems. I used my hacked Ogden Cami pattern and then made a couple more changes to this time around.  Since this fabric was very see-through, I made a full lining this time and used two layers of the bird fabric. Now you can see birds through the top layer, but you don't see my skin. Due to fabric limitations, the lining is about an inch shorter than the cami.
Lining is more birds

The straps are black ribbon. I didn't want to have to try to turn this fabric into narrow straps, so I found an alternative. One strap doesn't lay flat against my body, but I think that has to do with my slightly uneven shoulders.
Front view
Side view, still a good fit in the armscye

I still want to raise that back neckline for next time
The trousers are a black stretch twill from Vogue and the Sasha Trouser pattern from True Bias. These are a wearable muslin so unfortunately, they have no pockets. Fortunately, they fit well and I can put pockets in the next pair.
I would wear these with a cardigan or sweater so that I have some pockets
Side view

I did make the waist higher for this pattern
Difficult to photograph black fabric
Back view
Not wrinkle free and maybe next pair will get a little more room in the seat


2 comments:

  1. Another great cami--I bet you get a lot of wear out of these. If the pocketless pants irritate you, you can always put patch pockets on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true, I'll have to look and see if I have any fabric left.

    ReplyDelete