Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Chicago Tribune Article

My name was in the paper. Early last week while I was working in the garden, a reporter from the Chicago Tribune called to talk about fixing machines, making masks, sourcing materials, and the resurgence of sewing. We had a very nice chat and then the reporter followed up with several other sources for her story. On Friday evening a photographer came by in PPE to take pictures of my workshop. I was very impressed with the professionalism and the friendliness of both the reporter and the photographer. They are both very good at their jobs and very invested in the stories and communities about which they are reporting.
This past Sunday morning I saw the article posted online with 5 pictures. Victoria sent these pics of each one of the photos.







https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-coronavirus-face-masks-elastic-shortages-20200425-cuh2orzfnvesda4xha4mi7lp6i-story.html#nt=msftsearch

Then Monday morning mom texted a pic of the article in the printed paper. A couple friends, neighbors, and co-workers texted or emailed throughout the day to say that they had seen the article. It was so nice to hear from people I haven't been able to meet with in person for at least a month.
Printed copy
Since the article appeared on Monday, I have had several calls about machines. After my Elearning is done for the day, I work on machines in the evenings. It feels good to get these machines working for people who are sewing masks and PPE, who are sewing for therapy while distancing at home, or who are exploring a new medium for their creativity.


No comments:

Post a Comment