Saturday, December 14, 2019

Blue Knit Jacket


Out in the garden
I'm not sure if this was a 2019 or a 2018 make, and I don't have any pictures from when I sewed it up. When I first made the jacket, it went unworn for a couple months because I thought it was too big. The knit is very stretchy and the fabric drooped more than I was expecting.

I'm not sure what finally made me pull it out of the closet again a couple months ago, but I have found that I actually enjoy the flowy fabric now. It makes a good light-weight layering piece for fall and spring temps and I like that it has no front closures so it hangs open.
Homegrown pumpkins
I'm pretty sure the pattern is a free cardigan pattern I found online, sorry no idea where, that I lengthened. I think I also remember lengthening the sleeves. It seems likely that the fabric is a Joann purchase. This was one of the first projects on a serger and I used the white thread that was already on the machine. That is visible when the jacket hangs open.
There is one place on the inside of one of the front panels where I knicked the fabric when trimming a seam. I ironed on some interfacing and then used a fabric marker to color it blue. It's noticeable from the inside of the garment, but not from the outside. I continue to wear it with this self-created flaw.
Suitable for pumpkin lobbing




No comments:

Post a Comment